Jiuzhaigou is a nature reserve and national park located in the north of Sichuan province, China. Yangshuo County is a county under the jurisdiction of Guilin City, in the northeast of Guangxi, China. Hong Kong officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, is an autonomous territory on the Pearl River Delta in East Asia.
A quick introduction: In October 2014 after months of planning a dream came true, I managed to travel solo throughout the great and mystical land of China! 25 days, 9 cities; Shanghai, Beijing, Pingyao, Xi’an, Jiuzhaigou, Chengdu, Yangshou, Hong Kong & Macau, 6 flights, 3 trains, 2 coaches covering 15, 322 miles in all.
Originally I went through the 4500+ photos I took and picked out my favourites at the time, you can start that journey here and they are what I would call my “proper” portfolio photos for this trip, then later on I revisited all the photos again and found I had a lot more of the story to tell and even those these are what I call my offcuts I feel they are good enough photos to show on here and I spent some time creating new sets 1 to 3, now I have added to those offcut sets furthering the collection from 1 to 8 sets with an extra five new sets of China goodness you see here ~ enjoy!
1. One of the lakes you visit as you enter Jiuzhaigou Natural Reserve
2. Lake & forest signs with heights above ground level in Jiuzhaigou Natural Reserve
3. Nuorilang Waterfall, Jiuzhaigou Natural Reserve
4. Police table just outside Jiuzhaigou Natural Reserve
5. Cow grazing in a field, Yangshuo
6. Cycle back over a breakwater-come-bridge in Yangshuo
7. Huge stone entrance sign to Gold Water Cave, Yangshuo
8. One within reach, fruit tree in Yangshuo
9. Pomelos, Yangshuo’s most famous fruit!
10. Rocks near the Big Banyan Tree, Yangshuo
11. Lily from Fonglou Retreat spots a baby cow along the roadside in Yangshuo
12. Colorful butterfly I saw on a bike ride in Yangshuo
13. Street seller, Yangshuo
14. Inside an HK airport shuttle train Hong Kong
15. Small village at the foot of Tian Tan Buddha, Hong Kong16. Entrance to Tian Tan Buddha, Hong Kong
17. Statue at the foot of Tian Tan Buddha, Hong Kong
18. Casino Lisboa, Macau
19. Decommissioned Peak tram at the top of the Peak, Hong Kong
20. Looking down at the worlds longest escalator the Central–Mid-Levels escalator, Hong Kong
21. Downtown Central Hong Kong
22. Central Pier, Hong Kong
23. Street Sign, Kowloon, Hong Kong
24. Downtown Kowloon, Hong Kong