Chengdu, formerly romanized as Chengtu, is the provincial capital of Sichuan province in Southwest China, as well as a major city in Western China.
Wide and Narrow Alleys or Kuanzhai Xiangzi in Chengdu, consist of three parallel ancient city alleys, namely Wide Alley (Kuan Xiangzi), Narrow Alley (Zhai Xiangzi), Well Alley (Jing Xiangzi), and 45 courtyards along them.
A quick introduction: In October 2014 after months of planning a dream came true, I managed to travel solo throughout the great and mystical land of China! 25 days, 9 cities; Shanghai, Beijing, Pingyao, Xi’an, Jiuzhaigou, Chengdu, Yangshou, Hong Kong & Macau, 6 flights, 3 trains, 2 coaches covering 15, 322 miles in all.
Originally I went through the 4500+ photos I took and picked out my favourites at the time, you can start that journey here and they are what I would call my “proper” portfolio photos for this trip, then later on I revisited all the photos again and found I had a lot more of the story to tell and even those these are what I call my offcuts I feel they are good enough photos to show on here and I spent some time creating new sets 1 to 3, now I have added to those offcut sets furthering the collection from 1 to 8 sets with an extra five new sets of China goodness you see here ~ enjoy!
1. China Feeling, building across the street from my hotel, Qintai Road, Chengd
2. Bronze Chariot and Horse statue in Qintai Road, Chengdu
3. Street sculpture in Chengdu
4. Panda post office, Chengdu
5. Kuanxiangzi Alley street map, Chengdu
6. Looking out of a shop window in Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chegdu
7. Coffee & Food & Pub, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
8. Walking down the alleyways of Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
9. Entrance to one of the many little indoor markets, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
10. Lady rubs Buddha for good luck, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
11. Store seller, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
12. Close up of water drops on a leaf, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
13. I snack out with this chewy delight, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
14. Vintage Coca Cola advert, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
15. This interesting sculpture reminds me of a friend of mine! Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
16. Interesting tree sculpture, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
17. Handmade chocolate designs, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
18. Cigar maker, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
19. Another tasty snack of the potato kind, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
20. Old Hong Kong Tram Cafe, Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
21. Alien bottles ready to contain a healthy fruit drink Kuanxiangzi Alley, Chengdu
22. Colourful flowers in the People’s Park, Chengdu
23. Chinese citizen arming up before all the dancing in the People’s Park, Chengdu
24. Watching the locals parade the catwalk in the People’s Park, Chengdu
25. Monument in the People’s Park, Chengdu