This second set is from Beijing, Pingyao & Yangshuo. For more info on each photo read the credits below…
1. Beijing: Map of the 798 Art Zone, Beijing’s culture shock! Next 2-8 snaps are from here.
2. Beijing: Paper mache or is that bronze?
3. Beijing: Runners from the Beijing Olympics? That’s what I’m thinking here…
4. Beijing: Close up of the Dinosaur as seen in my original Beijing photo album.
5. Beijing: Laying a golden egg of a message this one.
6. Beijing: 798 is built around an old military factory which makes for some interesting photo opportunities.
7. Beijing: Entrance to one of the many galleries.
8. Beijing: Jaws, made out of broken glass.
9. Beijing: No honkin’
10. Beijing: How to keep warm on a moped in the winter months of China.
11. Beijing: Back alley of a Hutong away from the skyscrapers & city offices of Beijing.
12. Beijing: A Chinese girl waiting to cross a busy street, destination unknown…
13. Pingyao: The smog ridden city of Ancient Pingyao.
14. Pingyao: Another shot of Pingyao from above
15. Pingyao: Roof tile decoration at the awesome Pingyao Yide Hotel, my stay for the evening.
16. Pingyao: The ‘his & hers’ chairs of one of the weddings I was invited to come in and have a look at.
17. Pingyao: This guy had a song or two, and was all part of the friendly wedding celebrations!
18. Pingyao: Not sure if these were doorstoppers but what a cool design!
19. Pingyao: Chairman Mao painting anyone?
20. Pingyao: Some of the more exotic goods on sale in Pingyao.
21. Pingyao: One of these souvenirs is sitting on my window seal, can you guess which one?
22. Pingyao: A woman takes a colourful photo opportunity, and is joined in colour by matching tourist hats…
23. Pingyao: Ancient court room demonstration.
24. Pingyao: One of the many beautiful street entrances around the town.
25. Pingyao: Wishing pool at the Qingxu Taoist Temple.
26. Pingyao: Scary character within the Qingxu Taoist Temple
27. Pingyao: Yin and Yang floor stone at Qingxu Taoist Temple.
28. Pingyao: Everyday street life in Pingyao, North Gate Tower in the background.
29. Yangshuo: The Big Banyan Tree.
30. Yangshuo: Overstacking lorries, bikes – even people! Common practice in China!