When I first posted up my final edits from my collection of travel photos from China at the beginning of this year, I had painstakingly sieved through the 5000 shots that I took in my month long trip over there, these were narrowed down to about 300 odd and are my very favourites from the trip but now I decided to re-visit the left overs and have hand-picked out & edited another 90 photos for your viewing pleasure.
It’s been great to edit these new shots and reminds me of the incredible trip I had in China, I hope it gives you a little more insight in the country and some alternative views of the places I visited. Enjoy.
This first set is from Shanghai & Beijing. For more info on each photo read the credits below…
1. Shanghai: The Pudong lit up at night – spot the ‘Blade Runner’ backdrop on one of those skyscrapers.
2. Shanghai: After editing this colorful photo I noticed something strange in it – can you see what it is?
3. Shanghai: Delivered straight to your hotel room.
4. Shanghai: Ear wax removal whilst waiting for your favourite kitchen knives get a sharpening – you can get it all in Shanghai!
5. Shanghai: The beautiful Yu Garden Tea House with the Oriental Pearl TV Tower in the distance.
6. Shanghai: My first experience of the ‘selfie stick’, when I got back to England this phenomenon seemed to follow me…
7. Shanghai: Hole in the wall of Yu Garden – great entrance!
8. Shanghai: The symbol of China – the red lanten, all different shapes and sizes at this stall.
9. Shanghai: The ‘Bottle Opener’ building towering above at night.
10. Snapped this from the train window en route from Shanghai to Beijing – caught the big coal power plant billowing smoke away.
11. Beijing: Can you imagine someone driving that down the M4?!
12. Beijing: A town called…
13. Beijing: Taken at the Chinese equivalent of a truckstop – here’s me (sporting the very latest Casio watch) enjoying lunch with my cab driver before climbing the Great Wall.
14. Beijing: The Great Wall of China, Mutianyu, in the distance just a few steps and a cable car away…
15. Beijing: Sign at the entrance to the Temple of Heaven Park, I like this colour!
16. Beijing: Blowing off some groovy Saturday sax in the park.
17. Beijing: The long walkway up to the The Hall of Prayer – lot’s of activities going on around here!
18. Beijing: Chinese game that is no doubt older than it’s owner!
19. Beijing: The Temple of Heaven, just gotta love this girls jumper & glasses in photo!
20. Beijing: Shiny green dragon tiles at The Temple of Heaven
21. Beijing: ‘This is more fun than an iPhone Mum…’
22. Beijing: Black squirrels playing in the park.
23. Beijing: Advertisement for some kind of health pill supplement – looks like the staff weren’t so impressed…
24. Beijing: Dragon boat on the lake at Beihai Park.
25. Beijing: A monk, a guard & chairman Mao…
26. Beijing: Taken from the Forbidden City, that temple on the hill is the spot where I took a photo of the whole of the Forbidden City!
27. Beijing: This tree in situated the Forbidden City is around 500 years old!
28. Beijing: Smoking is more than a national pastime in China.
29. Beijing: Strange fruit.
30. Beijing: What was I saying about smoking… oh yeah…